Monday, April 30, 2012

April Favorites

Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki

Even though this is a bronzer, I actually use this as a highlight. I think this is a perfect bronzer for lighter complexions but if you are of darker complexions this is a beautiful highlight. I apply this color under my eyes, along the bridge of my nose, and on my cupids bow. This is a gorgeous taupe color with a hint of gold shimmer. This bronzer is so silky and goes on the skin so smoothly. Applying this color, will give your face that perfect summer sun kissed look. I bought it from Wal Mart for $8.

Ruby Kisses Xpress Liner and Shadow Pencil

These pencils absolutely rock!!! The colors are so bold and vibrant as they are perfect as eye shadow bases. They are very creamy and go on very easily. They’re also very long lasting and they don’t crease. I also use these pencils on days where I don’t feel like wearing eye shadow but I still want a pop of color to my eye, I will apply them to my lower lash line. These pencils can be purchased at your local beauty supply store for $1.99


BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette – 1st edition

When I opened this palette, I was like OMG!!!! There are 2 trays of colors that are so bright and gorgeous and after swatching a few I was very pleased with the pigmentation. The palette comes with 120 colors!!! So the looks you can achieve are limitless. I am very impressed with the packaging as it comes in like a titanium case which prevents your shadows from  breaking or falling out. I purchased this palette when it was on sale for $17, I think it normally retails for $27, even though I think that price is worth it for this palette, BH Cosmetics is always running some type of promotion so you might want to be on the lookout for those at bhcosmetics.com.


Sigma F-80 Flat Top Kabuki Brush

I am absolutely in love with this brush. I don’t know how I’ve been applying my foundation without this brush. The bristles on the brush are so soft. They are also very short and dense allowing your foundation to be buffed into your skin, giving you a flawless finish. I bought this brush from sigmabeauty.com for $16. I love it so much that I will be purchasing another one for back up and one for my makeup kit. This is a wonderful brush, go ahead and buy one, I promise you won’t be disappointed!!


BCBG Affirmation Bracelet

I love these bracelets as they are just so darn cute!!! I bought my first bracelet in February while in Chicago at Carson Pirie Scott, I loved it so much that I bought 2 more at Macys. These bracelets are just so darling because they read cool, catchy phrases like Single, Kickin It, etc. They come in different colors making it perfect to stack your bracelets with your gold, rose gold, or silver accessories. Retail price is $18.00


Kay’s Pandora Charm Bracelet (St. Jude)

I’ve been collecting charms for about a year now and on April.12th my husband and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. He bought me a St. Jude charm and for you that are not familiar with St. Jude it’s a children’s research hospital in Memphis, TN. The children there are receiving treatment for illnesses such a cancer, rare bone diseases, etc. In January my husband and I found out that our 2 year old son has Type 1 diabetes. Even though he didn’t receive treatment at St. Jude, this charm is symbolic of my child’s illness and his need for ongoing medical treatment. Even though it’s been a life changing experience, Landon’s doing well and so is our family but this charm is very near and dear to my heart.

This has nothing to do with beauty or fashion but it has to do with my favorite TV show which debuted on April 5th. This show is awesome!!! Kerry Washington stars on the show as she plays an attorney by the name of Olivia Pope, and let me tell you, Olivia Pope don’t play. The name of the show speaks for itself as it deals with Scandal in the White House, things we wonder does that really happen? I promise you will love this show, just give it a try. It airs on Thursdays @ 9:00 central on ABC.

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

Please subscribe to my You Tube channel, don't make me beg :)


No comments:

Post a Comment