Here in Memphis we have an upscale consignment store called Sugar Plum. There they sell designer items such as Tom Ford glasses, Christian Louboutin shoes, and my Louis Vuitton purse. Every time they feature a Speedy bag on Facebook, I'm too late as they typically sell within minutes of being posted on Facebook. So I was ecstatic when I was able able to purchase the bag before somebody else got their hands on it. The bag was $295, for the condition it's in, I caught a great deal!!
I found a online store called Bags Borrow Steal that reconditions designer bags, because the bag wasn't in bad condition I purchased the cheapest package at $100.00. So I spent $400 on a bag that retails for $790 (before the tax). Can you say winning???!!!
Here are some tips so you can get your favorite designer item too!!
* Find your local upscale consignment store. Make sure it's a consignment store and not a thrift store as people aren't as likely to give away their designer items.
* Once you find the consignment store, make sure they are selective in the items they accept, we want to make sure that even though these are used items that they are in relatively good condition.
* Make sure the consignment store authenticates their items, we don't want to pay $300 for a fake.
* Be specific in what you want, this allows you to keep from buying items on impulse but never get what you REALLY want.
* Have a price point, you have to know how much a used item is worth to you. You have to remember that these items are used so you don't want to overpay for the item.
Hope this helps, Happy Shopping!!!