Friday, May 25, 2012

How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes


Cleaning your makeup brushes is very important as they harbor lots of dirt and bacteria and you don’t want that gunk touching your face. Your brushes should be cleaned once a week, 2 weeks max!!!! Cleaning your brushes isn’t time consuming and you don’t need a lot to do so.

I know alot of brushes...don't judge. They're for my kit and personal use.

1. Apply a small amount of shampoo to the bristles and work into a light lather.

I absolutely LOVE this shampoo for cleaning my brushes. It breaks up the dirt so effortlessly and when the brushes dry they're so soft.

2. Rinse the bristles thoroughly under luke warm water. You will notice that the water leaving the brush is tinted from old makeup.

3. Continue rinsing until no color leaves the brush.

4. Mold the brush into its original shape… you don’t want it to dry and the bristles are all over the place.

5. Lie the brushes on a towel to dry overnight.


I wash my brushes at night so they will be ready to be used in the morning.

So there you have it…clean brushes!!!

Hope you guys found this helpful


 

No comments:

Post a Comment